My Memories

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Piano

The piano in my house was send to my sister's new house in KL today... This piano has accompany me for more than ten years in my hometown.. I started my piano lesson since I was five or six years old, I can't really remember that... As a kid, I am curious and interested in playing piano especially when I saw my sister played well on piano... Honestly, I enjoyed playing piano at the beginning and practised it quite often... But, standard four onwards, I was very stress with my stupid primary school homeworks and lost my passion in playing piano...

Still remember the first time I took piano examination, I was very nervous and scare, my hands was sweating and I couldn't play well, I knew I was going to fail and I failed for the very first time... During secondary school, I became lazier and lazier, I will only practise piano one hour before my piano teacher came to my house... What was the outcome was I scolded by my piano teacher... Honestly, I was very bored with those examination pieces, imagine every piano lesson could not escape from the three pieces... I will only practise when the pieces were nice and sweet and most important it is new for me!!! In many times, I played piano when I had bad mood, I can atually release my anger, sadness, tension through piano... I felt better after a few song was played...

Finally, I decided to give up piano lesson when I was form five... I was afraid I cannot cope with SPM, school activities and piano at the same time... That time I was practising grade 7 pieces, but I decided to give up... Just like gave up ballet, I felt regret of giving piano...

I never play piano for a long time, this time back from KL I actually play it... Even though my finguring is not so smooth, I still find the happiness and meaning by playing piano... No matter how, piano had been a part in my life and a memory in my life... I feel like posting up some pictures of my piano, but I don't have bluetooth device with me here, so I think I shall post in when I go back to KL.

2 comments:

Yen Nee said...

I haven't played piano for a long time too, since i left for Singapore. Recently just started playing again. Haha. Remember those times we always discuss about exam pieces and how we got scolded by our teachers for not practising. I really hope i can continue playing again, and get a diploma, but... don't know if i have the chance to, or maybe i have a better chance in getting diploma in erhu. Oh well... time has passed really fast, piano playing days are already so far behind...

JeLly---fIsh said...

Yea.. those time our topic always is about piano... But then, you are right, the time is far behind, is just a part of our memory...