My Memories

Thursday, March 29, 2007

Pragmatic Love

Pragma love style--- A logical love which consider the partner's financial ability...

Well, I think I am a pragmatic person most of the time or perhaps now. Last time I used to be an eros and agape I guess. But when come to think of it, eros is just too romantic and is far from the reality. Agape, sacrifice just for love, but what do I got--->nothing but a memory which I do not want to remember.


Pragma pragma, there are at least four pragmatic people in my group of seven when we did our group assignment on love styles. When my lecturer asked me why I think I fall in the pragma group, I said "Fall in love not just because of fall in love, there are still many things to consider such as your partner financial ability because I need to think for my future as well." She answered "You are a realistic person." Well, I think when we fall in love, we should also think about our future right? I didn't say that receiving flowers and having candle-light dinner is not good, once in a while is okay but when you have it too many times, don't you think that it become meaningless? I rather use the money to spent on something useful and something I like. Honestly, I also wish I can receive flowers from my love one, but one time is enough, just one time. If my lover can give me the flower I like most, one time is more than enough because he understand me. By the way, does anyone out there know what is my favourite flower? Tell me if you know, I might fall in love with you, wahahaha........


Besides pragma, I think I also fall on storge category. I think most of the relationship start with friendship. Before I start a romantic relationship, I must get know the person, not fully understand but at least I know him. Love at first sight might exist, but I don't really believe on that and not so confident on that too! Love is about the feeling of secure, if I can't trust the person, why should I be together with him? I will not happy and comfortable if I can't feel the feeling of security from him.


So, do you know which is your love style? Pragma, Mania, Ludus, Agape, Storge or Eros?
Mania---> possessive love that illustrated by negative emotions such as jealousy and anxiety.
Ludus---> game-playing love which views love as a game and enjoy love in low commitment.
Eros---> passionate love and place more value on physical attractiveness of one’s partner.
Storge---> friendship love in which partners tend to build long term relationship that deep caring is needed.
Agape---> altruistic love which is selfless and willing to sacrifice themselves for their lover.
(Lee 1973, as cited in Hendrick & Hendrick, 1986; Dion & Dion, 1993)

No comments: