My Memories

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Life

I have no idea why am I blogging here since I have so many assignments waiting for me, but I just feel like blogging, that's why I am here.

Existentialism
Today, I just feel I am so existential, talking so much about life with my friends. I have no idea what Victor Frankl mentioned about his existential view of life, the only thing I could remember is he somehow discovered the meaning of live in somewhere like a prison? (Kalvin, tell me more about him, cause he is your idol). I think, everyone screwed up with their life once in a while. Perhaps pain makes us grow?

No one is perfect in this world, so does life. People have different point of view, different thoughts, and the different view of life. Something which seems not important to you might be the most important thing for him. All of us will think that commit suicide is the most stupid thing in this world. I didn't say it is a right thing to commit suicide, after all, it's still unacceptable. But come to think of that, do we really understand how the person feels which make him thought of suicide? We don't! We don't know how suffer he is. At that moment, he is weak, self-esteem is low, if you scold him stupid, I guess it will only decreases his self-esteem, he will think that he is such a failure and useless, everyone is disappointed at him, living is just meaningless. After all, he just need someone who understand him, stay beside him, makes him feels he is not alone in this world, and kindly tell him suicide is not the good way of solving all the problems.

Empathy? Understanding?
I don't really know how to show empathy to other people, I don't know how to be understanding. I am learning now, to be empathy and understanding. Somehow, I realize dealing with silence is a good method when people come to you with their problems. You don't need to talk much, and they will automatically tell you what's inside their heart. Maybe after expressing their feelings, they will feel better. Sometimes, people just need someone to listen to them, let them complain, let them mumble, just let them express what they feel. After that, give them a warm hug, tell them everything gonna be alright.

Addicted with "private practice" recently. A psychiatrist in the series helped a lot of people overcome psychological problems, but at the same time she is screwing up herself with her relationship problems. We are human, so do a psychiatrist, my friend told me he is fucked up, everyone of us fucked up once in a while, so what?

Perhaps to show this is life, our life.

3 comments:

kraze_mic said...

I'm proud to be the one that introduced you to private practice. Woohoo~ Oh well, I really hated Existentialism, since my very first day till this present moment. Even though I studied on that for my exams, and I knew how to answer it, I rather do another question. All his messy themes...'the only thing certain about living is death'. Lame~ Or maybe its just me

JeLly---fIsh said...

existentialism, should ask ah kong lar.. coz if i am not mistaken, i was dreaming during the lecture.. wahaha... yeah, private practice is nice!

hccs87 said...

wow..what ur word come through i fully agree la..!!life is a such way..haiz..!!