My Memories

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Missing Mamak

Arghh... I am burning the midnight oil again for my 30% essay. Everytime I burn the midnight oil, it will automatically reminds me about mamak, and I miss mamak a lot. Someone please tell me "Why UK don't have mamak?" Imagine imagine, maggie goreng tambah telur mata kerbau and milo ais kao kao kao. Wow! It's so tempting man, especially the hungry me in this cold weather rushing for assignments. Looking at my essay, I am gonna to emo soon, very soon. The only way I can escape from that is imagine I am in the mamak. I often have the stupid crazy conversation and imagination with a friend in UK too, imagine we go for mamak:
"Let's go mamak!"
"Okay, but need to buy air ticket first, I'll see you in subang two days later."
"Where to meet in Subang?"
"Erm, let's meet in asia cafe first, then just decide where to go."

Well, it sounds crazy, and both of us know we are crazy, blame the assignment, we do assignment until crazy. We could have tat kind of imagination because we actually go to mamak at 3 am in uptown when I done with my assignment back in Malaysia, and that's normal for us. Yet, I found the crazy conversation is funny and motivating...

Since don't have mamak, I post some pictures of food I took in Antibo and Hwan Chui's house during our Asians psychology students gathering:
~Starter-->Scampi~

~Pasta~


~This is Hui Yiang's one~


~Tasha's pizza~

~Nice Tiramisu~

~Another dessert~

~Hwan Chui's house~

~Sheffield's night view from the hill~

~It's so cold and windy up the hill~

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Imagine you sit outside a "UK mamak" (I assume most ppl like to sit outside the mamak) in winter with freezing degree celcius, imagine maggie goreng tambah telur mata kerbau for 4.50pounds and milo ais kao kao kao for 1.50pounds will you still go mamak that often? =p
nah just joking ;)

Melvin Mah said...

mamak..!!!! I miss mamak also....the roti I had here not nice wan. And the other day I had Nasi with Sambal CHicken...not nice also..tasted like chicken chop rice with garlic sauce...pathetic. The only thing Malaysia is good for is the food!!!

JeLly---fIsh said...

anonymous: I couldn't imagine going to mamak in uk, because there is no mamak here.. if really 4.5 pounds and 1.5 pounds, i think the mamak wait to be close lor..But it's just a sudden miss.. hahaha... Btw, may I know who are you?

melvin: hahaha, what do u expect from the aussie "roti" and "sambal chicken"? Nah, next year murni u treat me, since you "owe" me so many meals in murni.. oopss.. or I owe you? nvm, make a deal, if bc malaysia, murni is urs and ali maju is mine!

Chien said...

wow! FOOODDDD *greedy!*

Good luck with your assignments!!!